After four consecutive market transactions, Greek equities suffered a downfall, with Hellenic banks making up over 50% of turnover.
The National Bank of Greece decreased 3.33% at 2.32 euros, Alpha Bank dropped 2.46% to 0.595 euros, while Piraeus Bank declined 2.11% marking 1.39 euros. Eurobank plummeted 4.09% hitting 0.305 euros, and OTE telecom dipped 2.91% at 10 euros.
The equity benchmark of the Athens Stock Exchange (ATHEX) finalized with a decrease of 2.51% marking 1,086.50. 79.59 million euros was the total amount of turnover.
- Spike in US tourist arrivals to Greece in 2022
- EU spokesperson: Turkey's hostile remarks against Greece and Greeks 'raise serious concerns'
- How foreign tourists evaluate Greece's reputation
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths
- Naomi Watts: "Farewell beautiful Greece, I love you"