Greek, Portuguese and Spanish stocks declined, marking the largest drop in a month in European stocks.
Greece's ASE Index dropped 2.1%, while Spain's IBEX 35 Index and Portugal's PSI 20 Index fell 1%.
The three European nations held the largest declines within the 18 western-European holdings. The Stoxx Europe 600 Index fell 0.2% reaching 345.39 at 2:48 p.m. in London.
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths
- Naomi Watts: "Farewell beautiful Greece, I love you"
- US State Department on Bahceli map: Greece's sovereignty and territorial integrity are not in question
- TUI: Demand for holidays in Greece is at record levels
- Inflation leaps to 12.1% in June