Circulation of the brand new 10 euro bill begins today, as confirmed by the European Central Bank.
The newly introduced bill features heightened security elements along with a new appearance. Its watermark and hologram contains images of Greek mythology and Europe. Its verification can be analyzed visually, by touch and at an angle.
ECB Executive Board member Yves Merce described, "It is essential that all those who use the euro banknotes continue to do so with absolute confidence. This is precisely why we introduce the series 'Europe'".
The ECB delegate added, "To ensure that the introduction of the new banknote of 10 Euros will be made as smoothly as possible, all owners of banknote are processing equipment to ensure that their machines accept the new banknotes".
- ECB welcomes positive economic developments in Greece in 2019
- ECB warns eurozone may need 1.5 trillion euros to tackle covid-19 economic crisis
- Greek banks will place over 7 bln euros in the bond market
- Mitsotakis to meet ECB chief Lagarde
- ECB's new President Lagarde satisfied with Greece' economic performance