French Finance Minister Michel Sapin on Monday asked for the safeguarding of Greece's funding "but within the framework of the "European rules."
"We must safeguard the funding, without which Greece will be at the mercy of whatever state of the markets' panic, but we can't say simply that we "are financing, we are financing" stated Sapin upon his arrival to Istanbul where he will participate in the G20 meeting.
Sapin also said that the respect to the European rules is a prerequisite for support to Greece is.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- PM Mitsotakis inaugurates Acropolis elevator for people with disabilities (vid)
- ECHR: Greece will pay compensation of 312,500 euros to a hotel owner - It was occupied for three years, under SYRIZA
- Dendias: Gov't has chosen to invest in economic diplomacy
- Severe weather floods Zakynthos (vid)
- PM Mitsotakis at AmCham discussion: The pandemic was a dramatic catalyst for change in Greece