French Finance Minister Michel Sapin on Monday asked for the safeguarding of Greece's funding "but within the framework of the "European rules."
"We must safeguard the funding, without which Greece will be at the mercy of whatever state of the markets' panic, but we can't say simply that we "are financing, we are financing" stated Sapin upon his arrival to Istanbul where he will participate in the G20 meeting.
Sapin also said that the respect to the European rules is a prerequisite for support to Greece is.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Olympic Yacht Show 2021 sails off on October 1-5 at 'Olympic Marine' in Lavrion
- Migration Minister: We will not let our islands experience what they have experienced since 2015
- Ntouskos wins single sculls gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Coronavirus: Alarm for the islands that are turning red – Committee meets
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer