French Finance Minister Michel Sapin on Monday asked for the safeguarding of Greece's funding "but within the framework of the "European rules."
"We must safeguard the funding, without which Greece will be at the mercy of whatever state of the markets' panic, but we can't say simply that we "are financing, we are financing" stated Sapin upon his arrival to Istanbul where he will participate in the G20 meeting.
Sapin also said that the respect to the European rules is a prerequisite for support to Greece is.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Crucial two months for economy, tourism and government revenues
- Landmark law in Greece establishes long-overdue legal framework mandating protection and care for pets, strays
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- New York: Mourning for the tragic death of Greek-American police officer - The Message of the Archbishop
- Turkish defense minister once again threatens Greece