French Finance Minister Michel Sapin on Monday asked for the safeguarding of Greece's funding "but within the framework of the "European rules."
"We must safeguard the funding, without which Greece will be at the mercy of whatever state of the markets' panic, but we can't say simply that we "are financing, we are financing" stated Sapin upon his arrival to Istanbul where he will participate in the G20 meeting.
Sapin also said that the respect to the European rules is a prerequisite for support to Greece is.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Harsh retort from Athens to threats from Ankara
- Fincantieri expresses interest in participating in restructuring of Elefsis Shipyards
- Promotion of Greek positions through digital parliamentary diplomacy
- Migration, energy crisis and Turkey's provocations high on the agenda
- The Navarino Challenge highlighted the classic sport for another year