French Finance Minister Michel Sapin on Monday asked for the safeguarding of Greece's funding "but within the framework of the "European rules."
"We must safeguard the funding, without which Greece will be at the mercy of whatever state of the markets' panic, but we can't say simply that we "are financing, we are financing" stated Sapin upon his arrival to Istanbul where he will participate in the G20 meeting.
Sapin also said that the respect to the European rules is a prerequisite for support to Greece is.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fines and prosecution for mask-deniers and instigators to civil disobedience against covid measures
- Has Germany asked Greece to demilitarize the Greek islands?
- Two foreign patients with covid break out of hospital
- FM Dendias at EU Foreign Affairs Council: 'Turkey must show many more tangible signs of respect for International Law'
- Attica is one step before a new lockdown