French Finance Minister Michel Sapin on Monday asked for the safeguarding of Greece's funding "but within the framework of the "European rules."
"We must safeguard the funding, without which Greece will be at the mercy of whatever state of the markets' panic, but we can't say simply that we "are financing, we are financing" stated Sapin upon his arrival to Istanbul where he will participate in the G20 meeting.
Sapin also said that the respect to the European rules is a prerequisite for support to Greece is.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Dead body recovered from fuselage of fallen helicopter
- Global olive oil shortage sends prices soaring
- Serious problems in Volos due to the storm - Palamas (Karditsa) on alert
- ECONOMIST- Hatzidakis: The six axes of the economic policy of the next four years
- Greece, Saudi Arabian power transmission operators take first step at connecting grids