An analysis by the Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research (IOBE) revealed that Greek construction has experienced a major downfall.
Construction in the nation has one of the largest declines among business endeavors. The study determined that construction projects have dipped up to 80% since 2008. Of this percent, over a third of the economic reduction between 2008 to 2013 in the nation, relates to an investment decrease in the sector.
Construction jobs have decreased by approximately 50% in the last five years. In 2013, 287,000 individuals were employed in the field, while in 2008, 589,000 workers were active, as reported by Kathimerini from the study.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023