Greek banks have been predicted to play an even tinier role, regarding the financing of residentiary property deals, in the first six months of 2015.
This transaction forecast will mount additional strains on the current market conditions in the nation, if it occurs. The National Bank of Greece believes that lending protocols may turn even more rigid in this year's second quarter, due to the unsettled economic environment in the nation.
In 2009, property transactions backed by Greek banks equaled 82%, compared to 2014's 20% rate, according to NBG. The funding's average share was 70% in comparison to 35%, in the same respective years, as reported by Kathimerini.
- Tourism premiere: What will happen this year with American tourists and the role of TUI
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism