Greek hotel prices have returned to figures that mirror amounts before the nation was plagued with its financial crisis, as analyzed by online booking website Trivago.
Trivago's study determined that this month's average online figures have increased by 19.1%, compared to last May. A double room's nightly rate averages at 106 euros, making Greece the fifth lowest cost European nation, in terms of hotel stays.
In the nation's capital, the average price has soared 25.5% to 133 euros, in comparison to last May. Athens now stands as the 24th most economical European urban destination, out of 50 cities.
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Beautiful St. Nicholas Thon chapel reopens to public
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands