Greek hotel prices have returned to figures that mirror amounts before the nation was plagued with its financial crisis, as analyzed by online booking website Trivago.
Trivago's study determined that this month's average online figures have increased by 19.1%, compared to last May. A double room's nightly rate averages at 106 euros, making Greece the fifth lowest cost European nation, in terms of hotel stays.
In the nation's capital, the average price has soared 25.5% to 133 euros, in comparison to last May. Athens now stands as the 24th most economical European urban destination, out of 50 cities.
- Posidonia 2022: The program of conferences and seminars of the Exhibition
- Greek Tourism: 150 new hotels in two years
- The Hellenic Initiative launches “Plant A Tree In Greece” to support Greek Homeland
- Eurovision 2022: What bookies show for Greece in the final (vid)
- US State Sec. joins FMs of Greece, Israeli, Cyprus in reaffirming commitment to promoting peace, security and prosperity in east Med