The Greek cruise tourism sector is a solid contributor to the nation's gross domestic product.
CLIA Europe Chairman and MSC Cruises Executive President Pierfrancesco Vago confirmed that cruise liners generate nearly 2 billion euros, to the yearly GDP of the nation. Vago spoke at the 3rd Posidonia Sea Tourism Forum held in the nation's capital.
The Italian representative stated that Greece gathers 570 million euros of direct revenues each year, in addition to indirect revenues amounting to 1.4 billion euros. One-third of the financial gains are directed towards maintaining 11,000 jobs in the cruise line division, as reported by Kathimerini.
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening