The Greek cruise tourism sector is a solid contributor to the nation's gross domestic product.
CLIA Europe Chairman and MSC Cruises Executive President Pierfrancesco Vago confirmed that cruise liners generate nearly 2 billion euros, to the yearly GDP of the nation. Vago spoke at the 3rd Posidonia Sea Tourism Forum held in the nation's capital.
The Italian representative stated that Greece gathers 570 million euros of direct revenues each year, in addition to indirect revenues amounting to 1.4 billion euros. One-third of the financial gains are directed towards maintaining 11,000 jobs in the cruise line division, as reported by Kathimerini.
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US
- NATO: Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences diplomatically
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got