The Greek cruise tourism sector is a solid contributor to the nation's gross domestic product.
CLIA Europe Chairman and MSC Cruises Executive President Pierfrancesco Vago confirmed that cruise liners generate nearly 2 billion euros, to the yearly GDP of the nation. Vago spoke at the 3rd Posidonia Sea Tourism Forum held in the nation's capital.
The Italian representative stated that Greece gathers 570 million euros of direct revenues each year, in addition to indirect revenues amounting to 1.4 billion euros. One-third of the financial gains are directed towards maintaining 11,000 jobs in the cruise line division, as reported by Kathimerini.
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Cloudy future for the cruise industry
- Sani Resort - World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort in the world
- THI’s support for together for children protects kids in Greece