Greek value-added tax figures have been increased three times in the last five years.
The act was administered in March 2010, July 2010, and in January 2011. Current governmental negotiations with the nation's international lenders will mark the fourth enlargement since 2010.
Rates have soared by 22% within main VAT figures, while low VAT rates have enlarged by 44%, since the start of the increases, according to Kathimerini.
The large VAT alterations are attempting to raise the country's income. However, monetary revenues have been decreased by 20%.
- Easter bonus of up to 300 euros for 1.1 million Greeks
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US
- NATO: Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences diplomatically
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got