Greek value-added tax figures have been increased three times in the last five years.
The act was administered in March 2010, July 2010, and in January 2011. Current governmental negotiations with the nation's international lenders will mark the fourth enlargement since 2010.
Rates have soared by 22% within main VAT figures, while low VAT rates have enlarged by 44%, since the start of the increases, according to Kathimerini.
The large VAT alterations are attempting to raise the country's income. However, monetary revenues have been decreased by 20%.
- Tourism premiere: What will happen this year with American tourists and the role of TUI
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism