U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew spoke with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras via telephone, yesterday afternoon.
The U.S. Treasury Secretary reconfirmed that the American Treasury Department continues to work with all relevant parties concerning Greece's current climate, according to the U.S. Embassy in Athens. Treasury Secretary Lew underlined Greece's needed and solid actions, towards a pragmatic resolution with its global financiers.
The U.S. Treasury expert stated that if an agreement is not made, the nation will be faced with immediate turmoil and vast unknowings for the global economic state, and Europe as a whole. U.S. Treasury Secretary Lew confirmed that he and Prime Minister Tspiras are committed to their communications between one another, global financial firms, and other European counterparts.
- PM Mitsotakis meeting with EU officials in Strasbourg on Tuesday over emergency aid
- Greece submits request to Commission to modify recovery, resilience plan by adding REPowerEU chapter
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better
- Mitsotakis welcomes Swedish NATO accession; meeting with Albania’s Rama, refers to pending contacts with Erdogan