U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew spoke with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras via telephone, yesterday afternoon.
The U.S. Treasury Secretary reconfirmed that the American Treasury Department continues to work with all relevant parties concerning Greece's current climate, according to the U.S. Embassy in Athens. Treasury Secretary Lew underlined Greece's needed and solid actions, towards a pragmatic resolution with its global financiers.
The U.S. Treasury expert stated that if an agreement is not made, the nation will be faced with immediate turmoil and vast unknowings for the global economic state, and Europe as a whole. U.S. Treasury Secretary Lew confirmed that he and Prime Minister Tspiras are committed to their communications between one another, global financial firms, and other European counterparts.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden