U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew spoke with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras via telephone, yesterday afternoon.
The U.S. Treasury Secretary reconfirmed that the American Treasury Department continues to work with all relevant parties concerning Greece's current climate, according to the U.S. Embassy in Athens. Treasury Secretary Lew underlined Greece's needed and solid actions, towards a pragmatic resolution with its global financiers.
The U.S. Treasury expert stated that if an agreement is not made, the nation will be faced with immediate turmoil and vast unknowings for the global economic state, and Europe as a whole. U.S. Treasury Secretary Lew confirmed that he and Prime Minister Tspiras are committed to their communications between one another, global financial firms, and other European counterparts.
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!
- Athens demands: "Turkey should stop inflammatory rhetoric arson"
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- PM Mitsotakis stresses need to speed up EU's vaccines approval process
- Turkish foreign minister heralds meeting with Greek counterpart