U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew spoke with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras via telephone, yesterday afternoon.
The U.S. Treasury Secretary reconfirmed that the American Treasury Department continues to work with all relevant parties concerning Greece's current climate, according to the U.S. Embassy in Athens. Treasury Secretary Lew underlined Greece's needed and solid actions, towards a pragmatic resolution with its global financiers.
The U.S. Treasury expert stated that if an agreement is not made, the nation will be faced with immediate turmoil and vast unknowings for the global economic state, and Europe as a whole. U.S. Treasury Secretary Lew confirmed that he and Prime Minister Tspiras are committed to their communications between one another, global financial firms, and other European counterparts.
- Tourism premiere: What will happen this year with American tourists and the role of TUI
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism