The Hellenic Coast Guard confirmed that 250,000 less ferry goers accessed the nation's ports last month and the first half of August, in comparison to the same time frame last year.
Ferry passengers each July and August make up 40% of Greece's total annual riders. Yet the nation has experienced an increase in global travelers resulting in higher occupancies, and fuel prices have been decreased; both issues have alleviated the hit taken by the dip in ferry travelers.
Last month, a 12.38% decline was experienced in comparison to 2014, while the amount of routes offered was lessened by 4.6%, according to Kathimerini.
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM