The Hellenic Coast Guard confirmed that 250,000 less ferry goers accessed the nation's ports last month and the first half of August, in comparison to the same time frame last year.
Ferry passengers each July and August make up 40% of Greece's total annual riders. Yet the nation has experienced an increase in global travelers resulting in higher occupancies, and fuel prices have been decreased; both issues have alleviated the hit taken by the dip in ferry travelers.
Last month, a 12.38% decline was experienced in comparison to 2014, while the amount of routes offered was lessened by 4.6%, according to Kathimerini.
- Deputy US Special Climate Envoy: We support Greece’s role in diversifying energy sources with its Balkan neighbors
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India