The Hellenic Coast Guard confirmed that 250,000 less ferry goers accessed the nation's ports last month and the first half of August, in comparison to the same time frame last year.
Ferry passengers each July and August make up 40% of Greece's total annual riders. Yet the nation has experienced an increase in global travelers resulting in higher occupancies, and fuel prices have been decreased; both issues have alleviated the hit taken by the dip in ferry travelers.
Last month, a 12.38% decline was experienced in comparison to 2014, while the amount of routes offered was lessened by 4.6%, according to Kathimerini.
- Frame by frame, Turkish coastguard harasses Coast Guard boat - Immigrants pushed to Greece
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution