The Hellenic Coast Guard confirmed that 250,000 less ferry goers accessed the nation's ports last month and the first half of August, in comparison to the same time frame last year.
Ferry passengers each July and August make up 40% of Greece's total annual riders. Yet the nation has experienced an increase in global travelers resulting in higher occupancies, and fuel prices have been decreased; both issues have alleviated the hit taken by the dip in ferry travelers.
Last month, a 12.38% decline was experienced in comparison to 2014, while the amount of routes offered was lessened by 4.6%, according to Kathimerini.
- Ferries between Greece and Turkey set sail after two year hiatus
- The Hellenic Initiative launches “Plant A Tree In Greece” to support Greek Homeland
- Eurovision 2022: What bookies show for Greece in the final (vid)
- US State Sec. joins FMs of Greece, Israeli, Cyprus in reaffirming commitment to promoting peace, security and prosperity in east Med
- Russian oligarch Malofeev: New sanctions from the USA with reference to activities in Greece