European Central Bank President Mario Draghi has cautioned Greece to enact its pension reform protocols, so the nation is able to offer full pensions to qualified citizens in the future.
In a published ECB letter today, Draghi penned, "Full implementation of these reforms will improve the long-term sustainability of the pension system."
The ECB President added, "The sustainability of the pension system is crucial from a social fairness perspective, not least because it is necessary to ensure that the Greek state remains able to pay pensions in the longer term."
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden