European Central Bank President Mario Draghi has cautioned Greece to enact its pension reform protocols, so the nation is able to offer full pensions to qualified citizens in the future.
In a published ECB letter today, Draghi penned, "Full implementation of these reforms will improve the long-term sustainability of the pension system."
The ECB President added, "The sustainability of the pension system is crucial from a social fairness perspective, not least because it is necessary to ensure that the Greek state remains able to pay pensions in the longer term."
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri
- Southern Aegean is "key" to Greek tourism success story