European Central Bank President Mario Draghi has cautioned Greece to enact its pension reform protocols, so the nation is able to offer full pensions to qualified citizens in the future.
In a published ECB letter today, Draghi penned, "Full implementation of these reforms will improve the long-term sustainability of the pension system."
The ECB President added, "The sustainability of the pension system is crucial from a social fairness perspective, not least because it is necessary to ensure that the Greek state remains able to pay pensions in the longer term."
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US
- NATO: Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences diplomatically
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got