In the first quarter of this year, Greece's central government announced a primary budget surplus, totalling 1.6 billion euros before interest payments.
Deputy Finance Minister Christos Staikouras stated that compared to the same timeframe last year, the amount enlarged over three times. The statistic also substantially surpassed a provisional 878 million euro excess target, between January to March. However, these amounts do not include social security and local administration sector budgets.
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens