In the first quarter of this year, Greece's central government announced a primary budget surplus, totalling 1.6 billion euros before interest payments.
Deputy Finance Minister Christos Staikouras stated that compared to the same timeframe last year, the amount enlarged over three times. The statistic also substantially surpassed a provisional 878 million euro excess target, between January to March. However, these amounts do not include social security and local administration sector budgets.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden