In the first quarter of this year, Greece's central government announced a primary budget surplus, totalling 1.6 billion euros before interest payments.
Deputy Finance Minister Christos Staikouras stated that compared to the same timeframe last year, the amount enlarged over three times. The statistic also substantially surpassed a provisional 878 million euro excess target, between January to March. However, these amounts do not include social security and local administration sector budgets.
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data