Today, six different investment firms offered letters of interest, regarding a 67% acquisition of the Piraeus Port Organization share capital.
The Hellenic Republic Assets Development Fund (TAIPED) reported the below agencies that submitted requests. Third party consultants will analyze each application and alert TAIPED of the groups that have met all the set criteria, for the next round of acquirement discussions.
- Ports America Group Holdings
- Utilico Emerging Markets Limited
- APM Terminals B.V.
- Cartesian Capital Group, LLC
- COSCO (Hong Kong) Group Limited
- International Container Terminal Services, Inc.
- Handelsblatt: The success story of Piraeus: "It is the head of the Dragon in Europe - No1 port in the Mediterranean"
- MSC Cruises picks Piraeus for homeporting from 2021
- Russian destroyer docks in Piraeus
- History: The destruction of Piraeus by Allied bombers, 11 Jan. 1944
- Entrepreneurship returns to Piraeus