Neilsen Confirms Greece's Stellar Consumer Confidence
As reported by Neilsen's recent analysis regarding sixty nation's consumer confidence, Greece experienced a stellar recovery in 2014's first quarter.
Compared to the same time period last year, the index swelled to 53. This is the largest reading in the last four years.
Nielsen Greece Managing Director Vicky Grigoriadou explained that the improvement, "...likely reflects the optimism of consumers deriving from two facts: The emergence of a primary budget surplus beyond expectations that allows the government to offer a benefit to the social groups worst hit by the crisis, and the return of Greece to the international bond markets for the first time after four years."
- Greek inflation rate fell to 6.5% in February
- Anthony Blinken: The background to his visits to Greece and Turkey
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US