As reported by Neilsen's recent analysis regarding sixty nation's consumer confidence, Greece experienced a stellar recovery in 2014's first quarter.
Compared to the same time period last year, the index swelled to 53. This is the largest reading in the last four years.
Nielsen Greece Managing Director Vicky Grigoriadou explained that the improvement, "...likely reflects the optimism of consumers deriving from two facts: The emergence of a primary budget surplus beyond expectations that allows the government to offer a benefit to the social groups worst hit by the crisis, and the return of Greece to the international bond markets for the first time after four years."
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better