In the first quarter of 2014, Greece has experienced an impressive foreign tourism growth rate, regarding arrivals and trip revenues, compared to its regional competitors.
A suggested 11.8% annual air arrival increase has been revealed in Civil Aviation Authority statistics, with a total of 980,432 tourists. Domestic activity has also seen a 1.7% increase, with a total of 945,715 Hellenic travelers.
January to February travel earnings felt a 17.3% growth and reached 294.1 million euros, as reported by the Bank of Greece. During the same time frame, Cypriot international arrivals decreased by 7.8%, and the island's January revenues dropped 0.5%. Turkey's foreign arrivals rose 3.2% in the respected time frame, with a 11.1% revenue increase.
- Turkey raises tensions: Large military exercise in Mediterranean and Aegean with 87 ships, 27 aircraft
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!
- Athens demands: "Turkey should stop inflammatory rhetoric arson"
- With the Belharra frigates Greece voids Turkey's "Blue Homeland" doctrine
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World