In the first quarter of 2014, Greece has experienced an impressive foreign tourism growth rate, regarding arrivals and trip revenues, compared to its regional competitors.
A suggested 11.8% annual air arrival increase has been revealed in Civil Aviation Authority statistics, with a total of 980,432 tourists. Domestic activity has also seen a 1.7% increase, with a total of 945,715 Hellenic travelers.
January to February travel earnings felt a 17.3% growth and reached 294.1 million euros, as reported by the Bank of Greece. During the same time frame, Cypriot international arrivals decreased by 7.8%, and the island's January revenues dropped 0.5%. Turkey's foreign arrivals rose 3.2% in the respected time frame, with a 11.1% revenue increase.
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greek tourism: Receipts Soar to 17.9 Billion in 9M 2023
- What is hidden behind Turkey's proposal for a two-state solution in Cyprus and Palestine
- Tourism Minister Olga Kefalogianni calls for stricter measures for short-term rentals
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft