In the first quarter of 2014, Greece has experienced an impressive foreign tourism growth rate, regarding arrivals and trip revenues, compared to its regional competitors.
A suggested 11.8% annual air arrival increase has been revealed in Civil Aviation Authority statistics, with a total of 980,432 tourists. Domestic activity has also seen a 1.7% increase, with a total of 945,715 Hellenic travelers.
January to February travel earnings felt a 17.3% growth and reached 294.1 million euros, as reported by the Bank of Greece. During the same time frame, Cypriot international arrivals decreased by 7.8%, and the island's January revenues dropped 0.5%. Turkey's foreign arrivals rose 3.2% in the respected time frame, with a 11.1% revenue increase.
- Crucial two months for economy, tourism and government revenues
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Turkish defense minister once again threatens Greece
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism