In the first quarter of 2014, Greece has experienced an impressive foreign tourism growth rate, regarding arrivals and trip revenues, compared to its regional competitors.
A suggested 11.8% annual air arrival increase has been revealed in Civil Aviation Authority statistics, with a total of 980,432 tourists. Domestic activity has also seen a 1.7% increase, with a total of 945,715 Hellenic travelers.
January to February travel earnings felt a 17.3% growth and reached 294.1 million euros, as reported by the Bank of Greece. During the same time frame, Cypriot international arrivals decreased by 7.8%, and the island's January revenues dropped 0.5%. Turkey's foreign arrivals rose 3.2% in the respected time frame, with a 11.1% revenue increase.
- Greece edging to exploratory talks with Turkey
- SYRIZA Youth: The new generation does not need more army and more armament programs
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Turkish official: "Greece must evacuate 9 islands and give them to Turkey"
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece