In February, Hellenic construction activity decreased by 20.7%, in comparison to the same time frame last year.
The figure was determined by the amount of permits administered, as reported by the Hellenic Statistical Authority today. A 15.1% decline was felt in surface building and a 5.9% decrease in volume, with a total of 983 permits distributed in February.
From Marcy 2013 to February 2014, 15,626 permits were granted, that included 2,913.7 thousand surface square meters and 11,786.7 thousand meters of volume. This revealed a 24.8% building permits downfall, with a 25.6% surface decline and a 23% volume decrease, when compared to last year's same timeframe.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Inflation in Greece at 9.1% in October
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states