Yesterday, the Council of State deemed that the Athens Water and Sewage Company's privatization, defies two Constitution articles.
The Council acknowledged an Athenian citizen's petition, that called for the annulment of the governmental administration's decision, to take 34% of the corporation's share capital from the nation to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund, without accepting anything in return.
Under the mandate, the private company establishment of the Athens Water and Sewage Company does not comply to articles 5 and 21 of the Greek Constitution. The Constitution states that Greece has a duty to care for the health of its people and guarantees a right to health preservation.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023