Yesterday, the Council of State deemed that the Athens Water and Sewage Company's privatization, defies two Constitution articles.
The Council acknowledged an Athenian citizen's petition, that called for the annulment of the governmental administration's decision, to take 34% of the corporation's share capital from the nation to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund, without accepting anything in return.
Under the mandate, the private company establishment of the Athens Water and Sewage Company does not comply to articles 5 and 21 of the Greek Constitution. The Constitution states that Greece has a duty to care for the health of its people and guarantees a right to health preservation.
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data