Yesterday, the Council of State deemed that the Athens Water and Sewage Company's privatization, defies two Constitution articles.
The Council acknowledged an Athenian citizen's petition, that called for the annulment of the governmental administration's decision, to take 34% of the corporation's share capital from the nation to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund, without accepting anything in return.
Under the mandate, the private company establishment of the Athens Water and Sewage Company does not comply to articles 5 and 21 of the Greek Constitution. The Constitution states that Greece has a duty to care for the health of its people and guarantees a right to health preservation.
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM
- Seven Turkish myths and seven Greek truths
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece