Yesterday, the Council of State deemed that the Athens Water and Sewage Company's privatization, defies two Constitution articles.
The Council acknowledged an Athenian citizen's petition, that called for the annulment of the governmental administration's decision, to take 34% of the corporation's share capital from the nation to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund, without accepting anything in return.
Under the mandate, the private company establishment of the Athens Water and Sewage Company does not comply to articles 5 and 21 of the Greek Constitution. The Constitution states that Greece has a duty to care for the health of its people and guarantees a right to health preservation.
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better
- Mitsotakis welcomes Swedish NATO accession; meeting with Albania’s Rama, refers to pending contacts with Erdogan
- The chef who cooked on Obama's cruise to the Greek islands
- Building vertical Central – SE Europe natural gas corridor