The Regal Princess cruise ship, which is the globe's youngest and biggest, is set to sail into the Port of Piraeus today.
Hellenic port directors are preparing to officially welcome its captain, Edward Perrin. On May 20th, the luxury vessel departed from Venice and is scheduled to travel through the Mediterranean and dock at various Greek islands, until October 17th.
In November, the Regal Princess will then venture to Florida to gain her official name, before launching on a Caribbean cruise. The high end 142,229 GT cruise liner can hold up to 3,560 passengers and a 1,346 crew. It includes 1,780 staterooms, 16 restaurants and bars, 17 decks and a chic spa.
- Turkish foreign min.: Greek "islands and islets belong to us"
- Tourism: The “seven” gems of Greece through the “eyes” of CNBC Travel [pics]
- Andros: At the top of the list of the 7 best islands in the world for nature and cultural experiences
- "Which?" magazine: Kefalonia best Greek island - Mykonos last
- Amazon Web Services: Digital applications for "smart" Greek islands