The Regal Princess cruise ship, which is the globe's youngest and biggest, is set to sail into the Port of Piraeus today.
Hellenic port directors are preparing to officially welcome its captain, Edward Perrin. On May 20th, the luxury vessel departed from Venice and is scheduled to travel through the Mediterranean and dock at various Greek islands, until October 17th.
In November, the Regal Princess will then venture to Florida to gain her official name, before launching on a Caribbean cruise. The high end 142,229 GT cruise liner can hold up to 3,560 passengers and a 1,346 crew. It includes 1,780 staterooms, 16 restaurants and bars, 17 decks and a chic spa.
- Metro UK highlights 5 Greek islands away from the crowds
- Greek Justice blocks uncontrolled construction on Aegean islands
- Daily Telegraph: Proposes 10 Greek islands for Brits, and everyone, to visit
- Piraeus port: It dropped to 29th place in the world ranking in 2021
- GVT. spox: The possibility of canceling the exploratory contacts with Turkey is open