Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras and European Energy Commissioner Gunther Oettinger met today and discussed the continent's natural gas strategy, to advance the nation's energy resources.
According to ANA-MPA, the Commissioner commented that topics of discussion included the Southern Stream pipeline that will transport natural gas from Azerbaijan to Greece.
The two delegates also discussed pipeline construction that will reroute natural gas from Greece to Romania, Ukraine and Bulgaria, and a liquified natural gas terminal, along with eastern Mediterranean natural gas deposits.
The EC views the establishment of a natural Greek gas framework as very valuable. Greek Environment, Energy and Climate Change Minister Yiannis Maniatis also participated in this morning's dialogue.
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Satisfaction in the Greek government for the package of 72 billion euros
- EU: Sanctions that will "hurt" Turkey - What Athens suggested, Dendias' warnings
- Dendias and Borrell visit the border post at Kastanies
- PM Mitsotakis: Greece secured 32 bln euros as a result of the government's consistent work