Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras and European Energy Commissioner Gunther Oettinger met today and discussed the continent's natural gas strategy, to advance the nation's energy resources.
According to ANA-MPA, the Commissioner commented that topics of discussion included the Southern Stream pipeline that will transport natural gas from Azerbaijan to Greece.
The two delegates also discussed pipeline construction that will reroute natural gas from Greece to Romania, Ukraine and Bulgaria, and a liquified natural gas terminal, along with eastern Mediterranean natural gas deposits.
The EC views the establishment of a natural Greek gas framework as very valuable. Greek Environment, Energy and Climate Change Minister Yiannis Maniatis also participated in this morning's dialogue.
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!
- Athens demands: "Turkey should stop inflammatory rhetoric arson"
- PM Mitsotakis stresses need to speed up EU's vaccines approval process
- Turkish foreign minister heralds meeting with Greek counterpart
- Dendias: Turkey's stance a provocation for all of Europe