Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras and European Energy Commissioner Gunther Oettinger met today and discussed the continent's natural gas strategy, to advance the nation's energy resources.
According to ANA-MPA, the Commissioner commented that topics of discussion included the Southern Stream pipeline that will transport natural gas from Azerbaijan to Greece.
The two delegates also discussed pipeline construction that will reroute natural gas from Greece to Romania, Ukraine and Bulgaria, and a liquified natural gas terminal, along with eastern Mediterranean natural gas deposits.
The EC views the establishment of a natural Greek gas framework as very valuable. Greek Environment, Energy and Climate Change Minister Yiannis Maniatis also participated in this morning's dialogue.
- FM Dendias briefs EU foreign ministers on Turkish delinquent behavior
- Veto on Turkey’s involvement in EU defense
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe
- German press: While the Eu is fumbling tourism, Greece surges ahead
- European Commission preparing safe traveling initiative, vaccination certificate