Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras and European Energy Commissioner Gunther Oettinger met today and discussed the continent's natural gas strategy, to advance the nation's energy resources.
According to ANA-MPA, the Commissioner commented that topics of discussion included the Southern Stream pipeline that will transport natural gas from Azerbaijan to Greece.
The two delegates also discussed pipeline construction that will reroute natural gas from Greece to Romania, Ukraine and Bulgaria, and a liquified natural gas terminal, along with eastern Mediterranean natural gas deposits.
The EC views the establishment of a natural Greek gas framework as very valuable. Greek Environment, Energy and Climate Change Minister Yiannis Maniatis also participated in this morning's dialogue.
- PM Mitsotakis meeting with EU officials in Strasbourg on Tuesday over emergency aid
- Greece submits request to Commission to modify recovery, resilience plan by adding REPowerEU chapter
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- EU Commission report on enlargement takes Turkey to task for threats against Greece