As Greece questions the true reasoning behind the Finance Ministry's General Secretary for Public Revenues Haris Theoharis' abrupt resignation, the Ministry issued an employment opening post on its website: opengov.gr.
The application deadline to apply is scheduled for June 15th, as confirmed by the department. A cabinet reassignment is predicted to be finalized and announced on Monday.
Theoharis' position was established in 2012, as advised by troika. The goal of the new post was to create an independent Hellenic tax sector. It was expected that Theoharis would finish out his term, that ended in 2018.
His stated reason for stepping down was "personal reason", yet many governmental delegates have been recently frustrated at his working methods; this included his efforts to tax Hellenic bondholders retroactively.
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer
- Mitsotakis: Greece, Cyprus will never resign from right to self-defense
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Transportation: What changes from July 5
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe