The Financial Crimes Unit (SDOE) of Greece has fined tax violators a total of 215 million euros, spanning over the last couple of months.
This includes tax evaders from the Lagarde list, as stated by a leading agency employee to Skai today, and contains 2,062 names. Included on the list are 500 prosperous Greeks that have Swiss bank accounts. One prominent dentist that works out of the Athenian suburb of Voula, is thought to owe 13 million euros in unpaid revenues.
It has been reported that the rest of the 1,562 individuals listed will be finalized by September. Many outstanding tax values have been paid by the charged individuals. Hellenic financial law enforcers and SDOE are currently investigating additional tax criminals.
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands