The Financial Crimes Unit (SDOE) of Greece has fined tax violators a total of 215 million euros, spanning over the last couple of months.
This includes tax evaders from the Lagarde list, as stated by a leading agency employee to Skai today, and contains 2,062 names. Included on the list are 500 prosperous Greeks that have Swiss bank accounts. One prominent dentist that works out of the Athenian suburb of Voula, is thought to owe 13 million euros in unpaid revenues.
It has been reported that the rest of the 1,562 individuals listed will be finalized by September. Many outstanding tax values have been paid by the charged individuals. Hellenic financial law enforcers and SDOE are currently investigating additional tax criminals.
- Spike in US tourist arrivals to Greece in 2022
- EU spokesperson: Turkey's hostile remarks against Greece and Greeks 'raise serious concerns'
- How foreign tourists evaluate Greece's reputation
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths
- Naomi Watts: "Farewell beautiful Greece, I love you"