The Financial Crimes Unit (SDOE) of Greece has fined tax violators a total of 215 million euros, spanning over the last couple of months.
This includes tax evaders from the Lagarde list, as stated by a leading agency employee to Skai today, and contains 2,062 names. Included on the list are 500 prosperous Greeks that have Swiss bank accounts. One prominent dentist that works out of the Athenian suburb of Voula, is thought to owe 13 million euros in unpaid revenues.
It has been reported that the rest of the 1,562 individuals listed will be finalized by September. Many outstanding tax values have been paid by the charged individuals. Hellenic financial law enforcers and SDOE are currently investigating additional tax criminals.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden