The Cruise Line International Association conducted a survey, and ranked Greece in third place, as the most coveted European destination for cruise travelers.
The 2013 data determined that Hellenic ports welcomed 4.6 million tourists last year via cruise liners. Mykonos, Santorini and Corfu were the most popular destinations, along with rating as the most desired passenger arrival ports.
Piraeus rated fifth in Europe, with a total of 1.3 million passengers boarding ships to Greek island destinations. The shows a 1% rise from a year earlier. Cruise ship tourism generated 574 million dollars to the Greek economy and created over 11,000 jobs.
- Elena Kountoura: Support now for the people of the tourism industry
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- World famous bars on Mykonos shut down after staff covid cases
- Young woman positive for covid ignores contagion dangers to travel to Santorini