The Cruise Line International Association conducted a survey, and ranked Greece in third place, as the most coveted European destination for cruise travelers.
The 2013 data determined that Hellenic ports welcomed 4.6 million tourists last year via cruise liners. Mykonos, Santorini and Corfu were the most popular destinations, along with rating as the most desired passenger arrival ports.
Piraeus rated fifth in Europe, with a total of 1.3 million passengers boarding ships to Greek island destinations. The shows a 1% rise from a year earlier. Cruise ship tourism generated 574 million dollars to the Greek economy and created over 11,000 jobs.
- Traveling to an unknown island in the ends of Greece (vid)
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Savage Santorini murder solved
- The Ministry of Tourism and GNTO won the award of the leading tourism agency in the world (vid)
- GNTO chief Gerekou: Our aim is sustainable tourism growth