The Cruise Line International Association conducted a survey, and ranked Greece in third place, as the most coveted European destination for cruise travelers.
The 2013 data determined that Hellenic ports welcomed 4.6 million tourists last year via cruise liners. Mykonos, Santorini and Corfu were the most popular destinations, along with rating as the most desired passenger arrival ports.
Piraeus rated fifth in Europe, with a total of 1.3 million passengers boarding ships to Greek island destinations. The shows a 1% rise from a year earlier. Cruise ship tourism generated 574 million dollars to the Greek economy and created over 11,000 jobs.
- German press: While the Eu is fumbling tourism, Greece surges ahead
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening
- Greek islands vaccinated and waiting for travellers
- Crete expects 2 million tourists in 2021
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens