The Cruise Line International Association conducted a survey, and ranked Greece in third place, as the most coveted European destination for cruise travelers.
The 2013 data determined that Hellenic ports welcomed 4.6 million tourists last year via cruise liners. Mykonos, Santorini and Corfu were the most popular destinations, along with rating as the most desired passenger arrival ports.
Piraeus rated fifth in Europe, with a total of 1.3 million passengers boarding ships to Greek island destinations. The shows a 1% rise from a year earlier. Cruise ship tourism generated 574 million dollars to the Greek economy and created over 11,000 jobs.
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer
- Mitsotakis: Greece, Cyprus will never resign from right to self-defense
- Pandemic: Great concern for the… "orange" islands
- Mykonos mayor requests a change of measures with mandatory mask and 72-hour green pass
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos