Cruise Line Int'l Association Ranks Greece Third
The Cruise Line International Association conducted a survey, and ranked Greece in third place, as the most coveted European destination for cruise travelers.
The 2013 data determined that Hellenic ports welcomed 4.6 million tourists last year via cruise liners. Mykonos, Santorini and Corfu were the most popular destinations, along with rating as the most desired passenger arrival ports.
Piraeus rated fifth in Europe, with a total of 1.3 million passengers boarding ships to Greek island destinations. The shows a 1% rise from a year earlier. Cruise ship tourism generated 574 million dollars to the Greek economy and created over 11,000 jobs.
- Mitsotakis on Mykonos: There cannot be an island where some consider themselves above the law
- Greek inflation rate fell to 6.5% in February
- Bank of Greece on tourism: Greece surpasses its competitors with the islands as its "flagship"
- Anthony Blinken: The background to his visits to Greece and Turkey
- Greek tourism: Advance bookings point to new revenue record for 2023