Greece's April account balance deficit enlarged, compared to April of 2013, as confirmed by the National Bank of Greece.
Today, the central bank released the rising rate, as reported in payment balance figures. The deficit increased to 1.167 billion euros, while last year's April held a 1.151 billion euro deficit.
However, this year's tourism sector gained massive financial strides in the same month. Its revenue increased to 411 million euros this month, while April 2013 stood at 303 million euros.
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening
- Greek islands vaccinated and waiting for travellers
- Crete expects 2 million tourists in 2021
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World