Greek Account Deficit Rises
Greece's April account balance deficit enlarged, compared to April of 2013, as confirmed by the National Bank of Greece.
Today, the central bank released the rising rate, as reported in payment balance figures. The deficit increased to 1.167 billion euros, while last year's April held a 1.151 billion euro deficit.
However, this year's tourism sector gained massive financial strides in the same month. Its revenue increased to 411 million euros this month, while April 2013 stood at 303 million euros.
- Greek inflation rate fell to 6.5% in February
- Bank of Greece on tourism: Greece surpasses its competitors with the islands as its "flagship"
- Anthony Blinken: The background to his visits to Greece and Turkey
- Greek tourism: Advance bookings point to new revenue record for 2023
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"