This morning, the Hellenic Coast Guard seized two boats in the southwestern Peloponnese, transporting contraband cigarettes onto a ship.
The maritime law enforcement system involved two patrol boats that went on a high-speed hunt, for the illegal tobacco smuggling criminals. On one boat alone, 23,000 packet of illegal packs were confiscated.
Three participants have been arrested and taken to the Pylos Port Authority. The Coast Guard has not offered any additional comments regarding how many cigarettes were located on the second boat.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Halki: Turkish coastguard tried to "blind" Greek helicopter and to ram Coast Guard boat
- Greek shipowners gift another vessel to Hellenic Coast Guard
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression