This morning, the Hellenic Coast Guard seized two boats in the southwestern Peloponnese, transporting contraband cigarettes onto a ship.
The maritime law enforcement system involved two patrol boats that went on a high-speed hunt, for the illegal tobacco smuggling criminals. On one boat alone, 23,000 packet of illegal packs were confiscated.
Three participants have been arrested and taken to the Pylos Port Authority. The Coast Guard has not offered any additional comments regarding how many cigarettes were located on the second boat.
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening