This morning, the Hellenic Coast Guard seized two boats in the southwestern Peloponnese, transporting contraband cigarettes onto a ship.
The maritime law enforcement system involved two patrol boats that went on a high-speed hunt, for the illegal tobacco smuggling criminals. On one boat alone, 23,000 packet of illegal packs were confiscated.
Three participants have been arrested and taken to the Pylos Port Authority. The Coast Guard has not offered any additional comments regarding how many cigarettes were located on the second boat.
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data