Greece's sole oil generator Energean Oil & Gas has just increased its recoverable oil deposits to approximately 30 million barrels, which is over 10% of its total deposits.
The Hellenic corporation manufactures an estimated 1,700 crude oil barrels daily, at its plant near Thassos. Energean's production does not supply enough oil for the nation's requirements; now Greece is aiming to tap unsourced hydrocarbon outlets in its western region.
New technology administered at Energean has resulted in a production rate fifteen times larger than its past production rate. Chief Executive Matthios Rigas stated, "Production from the Gulf of Kavala (Thassos) will continue for at least a further 15 years", as reported by Kathimerini.
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution