Greece's sole oil generator Energean Oil & Gas has just increased its recoverable oil deposits to approximately 30 million barrels, which is over 10% of its total deposits.
The Hellenic corporation manufactures an estimated 1,700 crude oil barrels daily, at its plant near Thassos. Energean's production does not supply enough oil for the nation's requirements; now Greece is aiming to tap unsourced hydrocarbon outlets in its western region.
New technology administered at Energean has resulted in a production rate fifteen times larger than its past production rate. Chief Executive Matthios Rigas stated, "Production from the Gulf of Kavala (Thassos) will continue for at least a further 15 years", as reported by Kathimerini.
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Cloudy future for the cruise industry
- Sani Resort - World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort in the world
- THI’s support for together for children protects kids in Greece