Greece's sole oil generator Energean Oil & Gas has just increased its recoverable oil deposits to approximately 30 million barrels, which is over 10% of its total deposits.
The Hellenic corporation manufactures an estimated 1,700 crude oil barrels daily, at its plant near Thassos. Energean's production does not supply enough oil for the nation's requirements; now Greece is aiming to tap unsourced hydrocarbon outlets in its western region.
New technology administered at Energean has resulted in a production rate fifteen times larger than its past production rate. Chief Executive Matthios Rigas stated, "Production from the Gulf of Kavala (Thassos) will continue for at least a further 15 years", as reported by Kathimerini.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden