In April, Greek retail sales by volume increased by 7.3%, in comparison to April 2013.
This is the largest retail purchasing stride in over two years, as determined by ELSTAT today. A 1.2% drop was experienced between March 2014 and March 2013.
It is predicted by the nation's capital and global lenders that private consumption will continue to remain fragile, even with a 0.6% economic advancement in the investments, exports and tourism sectors. Between 2009 to 2013, retail sales decreased by approximately 40% as a result of austerity mandates placed on Greece.
- Polylimnio, the hidden treasure of Messinia (vid)
- Turkey: Inflammatory rhetoric ahead of bilateral meeting
- Greece-France ink deal for frigates and defense agreement
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?