In April, Greek retail sales by volume increased by 7.3%, in comparison to April 2013.
This is the largest retail purchasing stride in over two years, as determined by ELSTAT today. A 1.2% drop was experienced between March 2014 and March 2013.
It is predicted by the nation's capital and global lenders that private consumption will continue to remain fragile, even with a 0.6% economic advancement in the investments, exports and tourism sectors. Between 2009 to 2013, retail sales decreased by approximately 40% as a result of austerity mandates placed on Greece.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden