In April, Greek retail sales by volume increased by 7.3%, in comparison to April 2013.
This is the largest retail purchasing stride in over two years, as determined by ELSTAT today. A 1.2% drop was experienced between March 2014 and March 2013.
It is predicted by the nation's capital and global lenders that private consumption will continue to remain fragile, even with a 0.6% economic advancement in the investments, exports and tourism sectors. Between 2009 to 2013, retail sales decreased by approximately 40% as a result of austerity mandates placed on Greece.
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US
- NATO: Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences diplomatically
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation