In April, Greek retail sales by volume increased by 7.3%, in comparison to April 2013.
This is the largest retail purchasing stride in over two years, as determined by ELSTAT today. A 1.2% drop was experienced between March 2014 and March 2013.
It is predicted by the nation's capital and global lenders that private consumption will continue to remain fragile, even with a 0.6% economic advancement in the investments, exports and tourism sectors. Between 2009 to 2013, retail sales decreased by approximately 40% as a result of austerity mandates placed on Greece.
- Tourism premiere: What will happen this year with American tourists and the role of TUI
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism