Greece is cracking down on companies that are not paying out social security funds.
As confirmed by Labor Minister Yiannis Vroutsis today, nearly 14,500 checks were administered by national inspectors between September 15, 2013 until May 31, 2014. 1,646 employees out of a total of 90,571 were identified as uninsured, which amounts to 1.8% of workers. Guilty companies have been fined 16.999 million euros, for failing to insure their staff.
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer
- Mitsotakis: Greece, Cyprus will never resign from right to self-defense
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Transportation: What changes from July 5
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe