Greece is cracking down on companies that are not paying out social security funds.
As confirmed by Labor Minister Yiannis Vroutsis today, nearly 14,500 checks were administered by national inspectors between September 15, 2013 until May 31, 2014. 1,646 employees out of a total of 90,571 were identified as uninsured, which amounts to 1.8% of workers. Guilty companies have been fined 16.999 million euros, for failing to insure their staff.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023