The Institute for Economic and Industrial Research revealed that Greece's economic sentiment index soared to 103.7 points last month, marking its highest level since 2008's April.
This May, the index held 99.1 points. Businesses and services gained strides in the construction, retail commerce and manufacturing sectors. Yet, the nation's economic climate holds a negative outlook from enterprises and Hellenic citizens.
Consumer confidence continues to improve, due in part to Greece's considerable tourism growth. Manufacturing sector beliefs are hopeful, as the inventory index improves, along with orders and demands.
Business beliefs have also improved, regarding activity and demand. Regarding retail, the inventory index has minimally risen. Work program predictions have advanced concerning the construction sector and employment index.
- Tourism premiere: What will happen this year with American tourists and the role of TUI
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism