Union of Estate and Catering Owners President G. Aggelopoulos stated that the event and catering sector in Greece has suffered a 50% decline, as a result of the financial crisis plaguing the nation.
Aggelopoulos commented that the service industry was at full capacity before the start of the crisis, but referenced its 35-40% decline in events, 30% drop in guests and a 50% decrease in turnovers.
The President discussed challenges facing the Union of Estate and Catering Owners, that include illegal entities. Aggelopoulos stated that a governmental decision to decrease social insurance offerings by 1.5%, with an additional 3.0% decline this month, is a step in the right direction, but not substantial enough to concretely alleviate the event and catering industry.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023