Union of Estate and Catering Owners President G. Aggelopoulos stated that the event and catering sector in Greece has suffered a 50% decline, as a result of the financial crisis plaguing the nation.
Aggelopoulos commented that the service industry was at full capacity before the start of the crisis, but referenced its 35-40% decline in events, 30% drop in guests and a 50% decrease in turnovers.
The President discussed challenges facing the Union of Estate and Catering Owners, that include illegal entities. Aggelopoulos stated that a governmental decision to decrease social insurance offerings by 1.5%, with an additional 3.0% decline this month, is a step in the right direction, but not substantial enough to concretely alleviate the event and catering industry.
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Transportation: What changes from July 5
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe
- Knives Out 2: The shooting started in Spetses
- Casa Cook and Cook’s Club hotels opened on three Greek islands