Union of Estate and Catering Owners President G. Aggelopoulos stated that the event and catering sector in Greece has suffered a 50% decline, as a result of the financial crisis plaguing the nation.
Aggelopoulos commented that the service industry was at full capacity before the start of the crisis, but referenced its 35-40% decline in events, 30% drop in guests and a 50% decrease in turnovers.
The President discussed challenges facing the Union of Estate and Catering Owners, that include illegal entities. Aggelopoulos stated that a governmental decision to decrease social insurance offerings by 1.5%, with an additional 3.0% decline this month, is a step in the right direction, but not substantial enough to concretely alleviate the event and catering industry.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden