Union of Estate and Catering Owners President G. Aggelopoulos stated that the event and catering sector in Greece has suffered a 50% decline, as a result of the financial crisis plaguing the nation.
Aggelopoulos commented that the service industry was at full capacity before the start of the crisis, but referenced its 35-40% decline in events, 30% drop in guests and a 50% decrease in turnovers.
The President discussed challenges facing the Union of Estate and Catering Owners, that include illegal entities. Aggelopoulos stated that a governmental decision to decrease social insurance offerings by 1.5%, with an additional 3.0% decline this month, is a step in the right direction, but not substantial enough to concretely alleviate the event and catering industry.
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening