The Greek Finance Ministry confirmed today that the nation surpassed its set budget target for the first six months of 2014, that included a 712 million euro primary surplus.
The government's target goal was a 635 million deficit, according to ekathimerini. Deputy Finance Minister Christos Staikouras remarked,"Fiscal targets are being met for a third consecutive year".
Last year's same timeframe held a 1.5 billion euro deficit. Compared to last year's revenue income of 22.6 billion euros, this year's generated 23.6 billion euros, while spending decreased to 26.03 billion euros from 27.6 billion euros.
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri
- Southern Aegean is "key" to Greek tourism success story