New mandates have been administered in Greece's pharmaceutical sector, according to reports.
The protocols have been created to decease the public sector's drug prices. Now pharmacists must offer patients the lowest cost available, with generically priced drugs. If they don't, guilty parties will not be able to work with Greece's largest healthcare provider EOPYY, as stated by ekathimerini.
The Government Gazette released the new rules, that state if recipients want to purchase the non-generic versions that cost more, they have to sign each prescription stating so. EOPPY is set to cover the total cost of generic drugs, while the pricier version's price difference will be paid by the purchaser.
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data