New mandates have been administered in Greece's pharmaceutical sector, according to reports.
The protocols have been created to decease the public sector's drug prices. Now pharmacists must offer patients the lowest cost available, with generically priced drugs. If they don't, guilty parties will not be able to work with Greece's largest healthcare provider EOPYY, as stated by ekathimerini.
The Government Gazette released the new rules, that state if recipients want to purchase the non-generic versions that cost more, they have to sign each prescription stating so. EOPPY is set to cover the total cost of generic drugs, while the pricier version's price difference will be paid by the purchaser.
- Greece with two champions in Thursday’s women’s pole vault finals at Tokyo Olympics
- CDC warning against travel to Greece
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer
- Mitsotakis: Greece, Cyprus will never resign from right to self-defense
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos