According to sources, Hardouvelis reiterated each ministry’s obligations in relation to the second package of prior actions as well as the main of the about 600 memorandum actions that have been pending since spring.
As far as the prior actions are concerned, the Finance ministry is asking for their implementation as soon as possible. According to Finance ministry officials, Hardouvelis said that there was no room for complacency and that all the issues that were left pending after troika’s mini-review need to be settled in the next 55 days.
In this case, the officials say, that troika’s autumn review could last 20 days or one month at most. The minister will travel to Brussels for the October 13 Eurogroup meeting having reached an agreement – at least in principle – with the lenders’ representatives aimed at paving the way for the negotiations over a new settlement for the public debt.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts