The Greek Finance Ministry confirmed today that over 120,000 applicants will gain a portion of the nation's social dividend program, that totals more than 84 million euros.
The benefits originate from Greece's primary budget surplus that has been reserved for citizens, according to their tax bracket. The current distribution is being granted to individuals would didn't meet the 2012 requirements, but have proven to meet 2013's. According to Kathimerini, 690,838 recipients will acquire present funding.
The Finance Ministry is due to consider additional applications in October. To qualify for assistance, single citizens must earn no more than 6,000 to 7,050 euros yearly, while married partners are set at 8,000 to 9,4000 euros, that can increase as a result of additional children. Social dividend amounts begin at 500 euros and rise concerning the number of members per family.
- Greece-France ink deal for frigates and defense agreement
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros