An ELSTAT study confirmed that retail purchases by volume decreased in Greece by 3.8% in May, compared to last year's same month, after experiencing a 7.1% increase in April.
It has been reported that Athens and its global lenders predict private acquirements to remain frail for the remainder of 2014, even with a forecasted 0.6% financial stride, as a result of tourism, exports and investments, as reported by Kathimerini.
Due to Greece's economic turmoil from 2009-2013, retails dropped approximately 40%, as a result of austerity mandates enforced in Greece.
- The Ministry of Tourism and GNTO won the award of the leading tourism agency in the world (vid)
- GNTO chief Gerekou: Our aim is sustainable tourism growth
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM
- Elena Kountoura: Support now for the people of the tourism industry