An ELSTAT study confirmed that retail purchases by volume decreased in Greece by 3.8% in May, compared to last year's same month, after experiencing a 7.1% increase in April.
It has been reported that Athens and its global lenders predict private acquirements to remain frail for the remainder of 2014, even with a forecasted 0.6% financial stride, as a result of tourism, exports and investments, as reported by Kathimerini.
Due to Greece's economic turmoil from 2009-2013, retails dropped approximately 40%, as a result of austerity mandates enforced in Greece.
- Most Greeks don't have the money to vacation for even a week
- Flight from Hannover inaugurates tourist season for Heraklion; over 4,000 tourists expected to arrive on Wednesday
- PM Mitsotakis: 'I am interested in making Greece the safest destination in Europe' (vid)
- These are the 29 countries for which the Greek borders open on June 15
- Mitsotakis: Greece is even better for investment now than it was five months ago