ELSTAT confirmed today that the Greek unemployment rate decreased to 27.2% in May, compared to a 27.3% figure in April.
The nation's jobless rate is over double the average of the eurozone's which held a 11.6% rate in May. However, Greece is beginning to emerge from its financial crisis, and its economy is predicted to exit from the recession this year and enlarge by 0.6%, as reported by Reuters.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden