ELSTAT confirmed today that the Greek unemployment rate decreased to 27.2% in May, compared to a 27.3% figure in April.
The nation's jobless rate is over double the average of the eurozone's which held a 11.6% rate in May. However, Greece is beginning to emerge from its financial crisis, and its economy is predicted to exit from the recession this year and enlarge by 0.6%, as reported by Reuters.
- Deputy US Special Climate Envoy: We support Greece’s role in diversifying energy sources with its Balkan neighbors
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India