Greek Unemployment Rate Slightly Decreases
ELSTAT confirmed today that the Greek unemployment rate decreased to 27.2% in May, compared to a 27.3% figure in April.
The nation's jobless rate is over double the average of the eurozone's which held a 11.6% rate in May. However, Greece is beginning to emerge from its financial crisis, and its economy is predicted to exit from the recession this year and enlarge by 0.6%, as reported by Reuters.
- Greek inflation rate fell to 6.5% in February
- Anthony Blinken: The background to his visits to Greece and Turkey
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US