The Greek Film Society of Sydney (GFSS) is about to begin its new program, that will begin on August 21st, with a memorable tribute to journalist Thodoros Patrikareas, who worked and resided in the city between 1958 to 1973.
Films that will be featured at the GFSS include Helena of Sydney, Promised Woman, The Lost Signal of Democracy, and The Beekeeper, among other leading cinematography.
This marks the third year of the GFSS, that has gained popularity in both the Greek community and the wider community of Australia. The event includes both contemporary and classic Hellenic films, along with features that pertain to the Greek diaspora.
Each film has English subtitles and features a discussion after each viewing. The GFSS offers activities in both the Greek and English language.
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data