The Greek Film Society of Sydney (GFSS) is about to begin its new program, that will begin on August 21st, with a memorable tribute to journalist Thodoros Patrikareas, who worked and resided in the city between 1958 to 1973.
Films that will be featured at the GFSS include Helena of Sydney, Promised Woman, The Lost Signal of Democracy, and The Beekeeper, among other leading cinematography.
This marks the third year of the GFSS, that has gained popularity in both the Greek community and the wider community of Australia. The event includes both contemporary and classic Hellenic films, along with features that pertain to the Greek diaspora.
Each film has English subtitles and features a discussion after each viewing. The GFSS offers activities in both the Greek and English language.
- The Hellenic Initiative launches “Plant A Tree In Greece” to support Greek Homeland
- Eurovision 2022: What bookies show for Greece in the final (vid)
- US State Sec. joins FMs of Greece, Israeli, Cyprus in reaffirming commitment to promoting peace, security and prosperity in east Med
- Russian oligarch Malofeev: New sanctions from the USA with reference to activities in Greece
- Cryred Investments 100% control of luncheon meats maker Nikas via 'squeeze out'