The Greek Film Society of Sydney (GFSS) is about to begin its new program, that will begin on August 21st, with a memorable tribute to journalist Thodoros Patrikareas, who worked and resided in the city between 1958 to 1973.
Films that will be featured at the GFSS include Helena of Sydney, Promised Woman, The Lost Signal of Democracy, and The Beekeeper, among other leading cinematography.
This marks the third year of the GFSS, that has gained popularity in both the Greek community and the wider community of Australia. The event includes both contemporary and classic Hellenic films, along with features that pertain to the Greek diaspora.
Each film has English subtitles and features a discussion after each viewing. The GFSS offers activities in both the Greek and English language.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden