The Greek Film Society of Sydney (GFSS) is about to begin its new program, that will begin on August 21st, with a memorable tribute to journalist Thodoros Patrikareas, who worked and resided in the city between 1958 to 1973.
Films that will be featured at the GFSS include Helena of Sydney, Promised Woman, The Lost Signal of Democracy, and The Beekeeper, among other leading cinematography.
This marks the third year of the GFSS, that has gained popularity in both the Greek community and the wider community of Australia. The event includes both contemporary and classic Hellenic films, along with features that pertain to the Greek diaspora.
Each film has English subtitles and features a discussion after each viewing. The GFSS offers activities in both the Greek and English language.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023