The Cyprus Film Festival has kicked off in India, at the Kalaimamani G Umapathi Auditorium.
The Festival is facilitated by the Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation, in collaboration with New Delhi's Cyprus High Commission. Featured movies include Joy and Sorrow of the Body directed by Andreas Pantzis, Committed directed by Stelana Kliris, and Block 12 directed by Kyriakos Tofaridis.
The Cyprus Film Festival director E Thangaraj described the event's featured movies, "One of the films has already been shown as part of the International Film Festival, but I found it (Joy and Sorrow of the Body) really intriguing and decided to screen them. I specially arranged the DVDs for the same around two months ago from Delhi, and I find that the response is really good", according to Parikiaki.
- ECB meets on Cyprus to mull interest rates and inflation
- US State Dept: Cyprus has the right to develop resources within its EEZ
- Hercules-2 joint training kicks off in Egypt with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Greece, Cyprus
- Cyprus' hopes for "Aphrodite" gas field
- Our Lady of Lapithos, Ephrosyne Proestos saves 12 Cypriot soldiers