The Cyprus Film Festival has kicked off in India, at the Kalaimamani G Umapathi Auditorium.
The Festival is facilitated by the Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation, in collaboration with New Delhi's Cyprus High Commission. Featured movies include Joy and Sorrow of the Body directed by Andreas Pantzis, Committed directed by Stelana Kliris, and Block 12 directed by Kyriakos Tofaridis.
The Cyprus Film Festival director E Thangaraj described the event's featured movies, "One of the films has already been shown as part of the International Film Festival, but I found it (Joy and Sorrow of the Body) really intriguing and decided to screen them. I specially arranged the DVDs for the same around two months ago from Delhi, and I find that the response is really good", according to Parikiaki.
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ
- Cyprus: What are the "non-lethal weapons" included in the lifting of the US embargo?
- Joint exercise "EUNOMIA" with Cyprus, Greece, France and Italy in progress (vid,pics)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression