Famous Greek singer and composer Antonis Vardis passed away early this morning, after battling cancer.
The 66-year-old entertainer had been hospitalized for the last two months before succumbing to the disease. Vardis was born in 1948 in Moschato.
Vardis performed alongside the nation's greatest musicians including Anna Vissi, Stelios Kazantzidis, Antonis Remos, Sakis Rouvas, Yannis Poulopoulos, Vasilis Papakonstantinou, Lavrentis Macheritsas, and his son Yannis Vardis.
- Polylimnio, the hidden treasure of Messinia (vid)
- Turkey: Inflammatory rhetoric ahead of bilateral meeting
- Greece-France ink deal for frigates and defense agreement
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?