Famous Greek singer and composer Antonis Vardis passed away early this morning, after battling cancer.
The 66-year-old entertainer had been hospitalized for the last two months before succumbing to the disease. Vardis was born in 1948 in Moschato.
Vardis performed alongside the nation's greatest musicians including Anna Vissi, Stelios Kazantzidis, Antonis Remos, Sakis Rouvas, Yannis Poulopoulos, Vasilis Papakonstantinou, Lavrentis Macheritsas, and his son Yannis Vardis.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden