Famous Greek singer and composer Antonis Vardis passed away early this morning, after battling cancer.
The 66-year-old entertainer had been hospitalized for the last two months before succumbing to the disease. Vardis was born in 1948 in Moschato.
Vardis performed alongside the nation's greatest musicians including Anna Vissi, Stelios Kazantzidis, Antonis Remos, Sakis Rouvas, Yannis Poulopoulos, Vasilis Papakonstantinou, Lavrentis Macheritsas, and his son Yannis Vardis.
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM
- Seven Turkish myths and seven Greek truths
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece