Famous Greek singer and composer Antonis Vardis passed away early this morning, after battling cancer.
The 66-year-old entertainer had been hospitalized for the last two months before succumbing to the disease. Vardis was born in 1948 in Moschato.
Vardis performed alongside the nation's greatest musicians including Anna Vissi, Stelios Kazantzidis, Antonis Remos, Sakis Rouvas, Yannis Poulopoulos, Vasilis Papakonstantinou, Lavrentis Macheritsas, and his son Yannis Vardis.
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening