Greece's official movie submission for the 2015 Academy Awards is "Little England" or "Mikra Anglia", by Pantelis Voulgaris.
It is categorized under the Best Foreign Language Film genre at the 87th Academy Awards. The Hellenic drama has already received a number of prestigious awards, including honors at the Shanghai International Film Festival and the Hellenic Film Academy Awards.
The film is set on Andros in the 1930's and 1940's, and is centered around Ioanna Karistiani's best selling novel, who is also Voulgaris' wife. Its plot chronicles how an island community deals with many of its men abroad, who work on ships across the globe. The Academy Awards are being held in Hollywood, CA on February 22nd.
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better
- Mitsotakis welcomes Swedish NATO accession; meeting with Albania’s Rama, refers to pending contacts with Erdogan
- The chef who cooked on Obama's cruise to the Greek islands
- Building vertical Central – SE Europe natural gas corridor