Greece's official movie submission for the 2015 Academy Awards is "Little England" or "Mikra Anglia", by Pantelis Voulgaris.
It is categorized under the Best Foreign Language Film genre at the 87th Academy Awards. The Hellenic drama has already received a number of prestigious awards, including honors at the Shanghai International Film Festival and the Hellenic Film Academy Awards.
The film is set on Andros in the 1930's and 1940's, and is centered around Ioanna Karistiani's best selling novel, who is also Voulgaris' wife. Its plot chronicles how an island community deals with many of its men abroad, who work on ships across the globe. The Academy Awards are being held in Hollywood, CA on February 22nd.
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM