Greece's official movie submission for the 2015 Academy Awards is "Little England" or "Mikra Anglia", by Pantelis Voulgaris.
It is categorized under the Best Foreign Language Film genre at the 87th Academy Awards. The Hellenic drama has already received a number of prestigious awards, including honors at the Shanghai International Film Festival and the Hellenic Film Academy Awards.
The film is set on Andros in the 1930's and 1940's, and is centered around Ioanna Karistiani's best selling novel, who is also Voulgaris' wife. Its plot chronicles how an island community deals with many of its men abroad, who work on ships across the globe. The Academy Awards are being held in Hollywood, CA on February 22nd.
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US
- NATO: Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences diplomatically
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got