Greece's official movie submission for the 2015 Academy Awards is "Little England" or "Mikra Anglia", by Pantelis Voulgaris.
It is categorized under the Best Foreign Language Film genre at the 87th Academy Awards. The Hellenic drama has already received a number of prestigious awards, including honors at the Shanghai International Film Festival and the Hellenic Film Academy Awards.
The film is set on Andros in the 1930's and 1940's, and is centered around Ioanna Karistiani's best selling novel, who is also Voulgaris' wife. Its plot chronicles how an island community deals with many of its men abroad, who work on ships across the globe. The Academy Awards are being held in Hollywood, CA on February 22nd.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden