Austria's drag performer Conchita Wurst, whose real name is Tom Neuwirth, won the 59th annual Eurovision contest on Saturday evening, in Copenhagen.
The vocalist won with the song "Rise Like a Phoenix" and gained 290 points.
This is the second time Austria has won the tournament, and marks the second time the nation participated in the final, within the last ten years. Wurst stated of the win, "This night is dedicated to everyone who believes in a future of peace and freedom. You know who you are - we are unity and we are unstoppable".
Remarkable stage performances characterized the grand finale, where Greece included a trampolinist on stage. Greece's Freaky Fortune singers Nikolas Raptakis and Theofilos Pouzbouris featuring RiskyKidd, placed twentieth in the final showdown.
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths
- Naomi Watts: "Farewell beautiful Greece, I love you"
- US State Department on Bahceli map: Greece's sovereignty and territorial integrity are not in question
- TUI: Demand for holidays in Greece is at record levels
- Inflation leaps to 12.1% in June