Greek leading fashion designer Vrettos Vrettakos has been outfitting the world's top stars, including Jennifer Lopez's 2014 Billboard Awards dress choice and Beyonce's last world tour.
Athenian born Vrettakos is based in London, where he graduated from the city's elite Royal College of Art, with a womenswear Master's Degree in 2005. The Hellenic creator has built an extremely large international following, that includes singing sensation Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and a plethora of global stars.
Vrettakos has been described as the embodiment of: "Ultra Glam Rock Femininity". He divides his time between Athens, Moscow, London and Paris. As the Greek designer's website states, regarding his fashion forward goal: "...is to capture the attention of the 'creme de la creme' of fashion conscious women".
The Hellenic costumer's latest collaboration with Swarowski, resulted in his role as the exclusive and sole designer for Beyonce's "Mrs. Carter Show World Tour 2013". When asked by Essence magazine about his inspiration for Beyonce's tour, the Greek designer stated: "All that glam!".
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12
- Beautiful St. Nicholas Thon chapel reopens to public
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens
- Alarm over covid - New measures being considered