The Los Angeles Greek Film Festival is currently being held from June 4th until the 8th.
This year marks the Festival's eighth, and reveals new movies from international Hellenic filmmakers. Its mission is to promote Greek cinema and culture, while linking Hollywood with talented Greek creators.
The best dramatic, documentary and short films are honored with Orpheus Awards during the event. The name of the Awards are derived from the famous Greek poet and recognize individuals who are altering the way films are being produced, regarding Greek and Greek inspired movies.
Many leading Greek filmmakers presenting at the Los Angeles Greek Film Festival have been recognized on the international movie arena, including Sundance, Cannes and Venice Film Festivals. It strives to highlight Greek movie production, along with the best elements of Hellenism.
The Los Angeles Greek Film Festival includes new films from Greece, Cyprus and by worldwide filmmakers of Greek descent. More information about the Los Angeles Film Festival can be found at: http://lagff.org.
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths
- Our Lady of Lapithos, Ephrosyne Proestos saves 12 Cypriot soldiers
- Naomi Watts: "Farewell beautiful Greece, I love you"
- US State Department on Bahceli map: Greece's sovereignty and territorial integrity are not in question
- TUI: Demand for holidays in Greece is at record levels