The Los Angeles Greek Film Festival is currently being held from June 4th until the 8th.
This year marks the Festival's eighth, and reveals new movies from international Hellenic filmmakers. Its mission is to promote Greek cinema and culture, while linking Hollywood with talented Greek creators.
The best dramatic, documentary and short films are honored with Orpheus Awards during the event. The name of the Awards are derived from the famous Greek poet and recognize individuals who are altering the way films are being produced, regarding Greek and Greek inspired movies.
Many leading Greek filmmakers presenting at the Los Angeles Greek Film Festival have been recognized on the international movie arena, including Sundance, Cannes and Venice Film Festivals. It strives to highlight Greek movie production, along with the best elements of Hellenism.
The Los Angeles Greek Film Festival includes new films from Greece, Cyprus and by worldwide filmmakers of Greek descent. More information about the Los Angeles Film Festival can be found at: http://lagff.org.
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Cyprus: What are the "non-lethal weapons" included in the lifting of the US embargo?