The Los Angeles Greek Film Festival is currently being held from June 4th until the 8th.
This year marks the Festival's eighth, and reveals new movies from international Hellenic filmmakers. Its mission is to promote Greek cinema and culture, while linking Hollywood with talented Greek creators.
The best dramatic, documentary and short films are honored with Orpheus Awards during the event. The name of the Awards are derived from the famous Greek poet and recognize individuals who are altering the way films are being produced, regarding Greek and Greek inspired movies.
Many leading Greek filmmakers presenting at the Los Angeles Greek Film Festival have been recognized on the international movie arena, including Sundance, Cannes and Venice Film Festivals. It strives to highlight Greek movie production, along with the best elements of Hellenism.
The Los Angeles Greek Film Festival includes new films from Greece, Cyprus and by worldwide filmmakers of Greek descent. More information about the Los Angeles Film Festival can be found at: http://lagff.org.
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!
- With the Belharra frigates Greece voids Turkey's "Blue Homeland" doctrine
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- PM Mitsotakis visits Cyprus and Israel on Monday