Internationally acclaimed Greek artist Sophia Vari is offering an exhibition on Andros, at the Basil & Elise Goulandris Foundation Museum of Art beginning on June 29th until September 28th.
The exhibit will feature watercolors, sculptures, oil paintings, drawings, and collages. During the exhibition's press conference, the Hellenic creator discussed her love of Greece and exhibition concerns.
Vari who grew up in Switzerland, discussed her homeland, "I am and I feel Greek from top to toe. This is my homeland, my blood". She now resides in Monaco, Tuscany and New York.
Of the exhibit's premier, the artist stated, "I pray that it doesn't rain on opening night. I want all the guests who come from abroad to see Andros as the most beautiful place in the world and to leave Greece with a feeling of its wonderful landscapes".
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data