Internationally acclaimed Greek artist Sophia Vari is offering an exhibition on Andros, at the Basil & Elise Goulandris Foundation Museum of Art beginning on June 29th until September 28th.
The exhibit will feature watercolors, sculptures, oil paintings, drawings, and collages. During the exhibition's press conference, the Hellenic creator discussed her love of Greece and exhibition concerns.
Vari who grew up in Switzerland, discussed her homeland, "I am and I feel Greek from top to toe. This is my homeland, my blood". She now resides in Monaco, Tuscany and New York.
Of the exhibit's premier, the artist stated, "I pray that it doesn't rain on opening night. I want all the guests who come from abroad to see Andros as the most beautiful place in the world and to leave Greece with a feeling of its wonderful landscapes".
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri
- Southern Aegean is "key" to Greek tourism success story