Cyprus will return to the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 after taking a one-year hiatus, according to reports.
The country's CyBC broadcaster announced that it will hold a large national competition to select its tune for the European song contest. While the singers must be of Cypriot origin or nationality, song writers can be from elsewhere.
September 5th marks the deadline to apply for the competition. Cyprus participated at the 2013 contest, where Despina Olympiou represented the nation with "An Me Thimase".
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!
- With the Belharra frigates Greece voids Turkey's "Blue Homeland" doctrine
- PM Mitsotakis visits Cyprus and Israel on Monday
- Turkish foreign minister heralds meeting with Greek counterpart
- Joint exercise with Greece, Egypt, France, the UAE, and Cyprus (vid)