The Greek Health Ministry issued a warning today, regarding the National Meteorological Service's (EMY) heat wave forecast.
The Ministry recommended residents to remain indoors for the next couple of days, as the EMY predicted that increasing temperatures would hit 41 degrees Celsius or 105 degrees Fahrenheit, in various regions of Greece.
EMY associate Angeliki Marinaki described, "It will last for two to three days, which is why we issued an emergency bulletin", as reported by Kathimerini. The weather agency predicts that cooler weather will hit Greece beginning Saturday afternoon. The Health Ministry has instructed hospitals and medical centers to be prepared for heat suffering patients.
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- Health ministry preparing for a possible third wave of coronavirus
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"