Heat Wave Hits Greece
The Greek Health Ministry issued a warning today, regarding the National Meteorological Service's (EMY) heat wave forecast.
The Ministry recommended residents to remain indoors for the next couple of days, as the EMY predicted that increasing temperatures would hit 41 degrees Celsius or 105 degrees Fahrenheit, in various regions of Greece.
EMY associate Angeliki Marinaki described, "It will last for two to three days, which is why we issued an emergency bulletin", as reported by Kathimerini. The weather agency predicts that cooler weather will hit Greece beginning Saturday afternoon. The Health Ministry has instructed hospitals and medical centers to be prepared for heat suffering patients.
- Greek inflation rate fell to 6.5% in February
- Anthony Blinken: The background to his visits to Greece and Turkey
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US