The Hellenic coastal shipping sector has set a goal of acquiring one or more natural gas-fueled tankers, that will fully function in the next two years.
This target was confirmed at today's meeting, between Merchant Marine Minister Miltiadis Varvitsiotis and various marine associations.
Today's discussion integrated all involved organizations and determined the needed requirements, for LNG fuel usage by coastal merchants. The Merchant Marine Minister explained that LNG fuel administration will reduce operating fees, enhance industry competitiveness and reduce consumer prices.
LNG fuel is much more environmentally friendly, as it has carbon emission reductions. The Ministry promised to reduce bureaucracy holdups and to accommodate dialogue between all parties involved.
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better