The Hellenic coastal shipping sector has set a goal of acquiring one or more natural gas-fueled tankers, that will fully function in the next two years.
This target was confirmed at today's meeting, between Merchant Marine Minister Miltiadis Varvitsiotis and various marine associations.
Today's discussion integrated all involved organizations and determined the needed requirements, for LNG fuel usage by coastal merchants. The Merchant Marine Minister explained that LNG fuel administration will reduce operating fees, enhance industry competitiveness and reduce consumer prices.
LNG fuel is much more environmentally friendly, as it has carbon emission reductions. The Ministry promised to reduce bureaucracy holdups and to accommodate dialogue between all parties involved.
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution