The Hellenic coastal shipping sector has set a goal of acquiring one or more natural gas-fueled tankers, that will fully function in the next two years.
This target was confirmed at today's meeting, between Merchant Marine Minister Miltiadis Varvitsiotis and various marine associations.
Today's discussion integrated all involved organizations and determined the needed requirements, for LNG fuel usage by coastal merchants. The Merchant Marine Minister explained that LNG fuel administration will reduce operating fees, enhance industry competitiveness and reduce consumer prices.
LNG fuel is much more environmentally friendly, as it has carbon emission reductions. The Ministry promised to reduce bureaucracy holdups and to accommodate dialogue between all parties involved.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden