The Hellenic coastal shipping sector has set a goal of acquiring one or more natural gas-fueled tankers, that will fully function in the next two years.
This target was confirmed at today's meeting, between Merchant Marine Minister Miltiadis Varvitsiotis and various marine associations.
Today's discussion integrated all involved organizations and determined the needed requirements, for LNG fuel usage by coastal merchants. The Merchant Marine Minister explained that LNG fuel administration will reduce operating fees, enhance industry competitiveness and reduce consumer prices.
LNG fuel is much more environmentally friendly, as it has carbon emission reductions. The Ministry promised to reduce bureaucracy holdups and to accommodate dialogue between all parties involved.
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Transportation: What changes from July 5
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe
- Knives Out 2: The shooting started in Spetses
- Casa Cook and Cook’s Club hotels opened on three Greek islands