Today's European Commission analysis focusing on populated water qualities in 2013, determined that 93% of Hellenic beaches have an excellent quality ranking.
Greece rated fifth after Cyprus and Luxembourg who scored 100%, while Malta gained a 99% rating and Croatia held 95%. In the 2013 report, European Union nations contained 15,363 coastal swimming regions. 14% of sea locations were in Greece.
In Greece, the EC study found 2,162 regions, where 2,016 were reported to have excellent water quality, while 5 did not meet the study's specific criteria. 96.8% of all EU coastal waters in 2013 generated 96.8%, which was a 1.2% increase in comparison to 2012.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden