Today's European Commission analysis focusing on populated water qualities in 2013, determined that 93% of Hellenic beaches have an excellent quality ranking.
Greece rated fifth after Cyprus and Luxembourg who scored 100%, while Malta gained a 99% rating and Croatia held 95%. In the 2013 report, European Union nations contained 15,363 coastal swimming regions. 14% of sea locations were in Greece.
In Greece, the EC study found 2,162 regions, where 2,016 were reported to have excellent water quality, while 5 did not meet the study's specific criteria. 96.8% of all EU coastal waters in 2013 generated 96.8%, which was a 1.2% increase in comparison to 2012.
- The Hellenic Initiative launches “Plant A Tree In Greece” to support Greek Homeland
- Eurovision 2022: What bookies show for Greece in the final (vid)
- US State Sec. joins FMs of Greece, Israeli, Cyprus in reaffirming commitment to promoting peace, security and prosperity in east Med
- Russian oligarch Malofeev: New sanctions from the USA with reference to activities in Greece
- Cryred Investments 100% control of luncheon meats maker Nikas via 'squeeze out'