Today's European Commission analysis focusing on populated water qualities in 2013, determined that 93% of Hellenic beaches have an excellent quality ranking.
Greece rated fifth after Cyprus and Luxembourg who scored 100%, while Malta gained a 99% rating and Croatia held 95%. In the 2013 report, European Union nations contained 15,363 coastal swimming regions. 14% of sea locations were in Greece.
In Greece, the EC study found 2,162 regions, where 2,016 were reported to have excellent water quality, while 5 did not meet the study's specific criteria. 96.8% of all EU coastal waters in 2013 generated 96.8%, which was a 1.2% increase in comparison to 2012.
- Polylimnio, the hidden treasure of Messinia (vid)
- Turkey: Inflammatory rhetoric ahead of bilateral meeting
- Greece-France ink deal for frigates and defense agreement
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?