Today's European Commission analysis focusing on populated water qualities in 2013, determined that 93% of Hellenic beaches have an excellent quality ranking.
Greece rated fifth after Cyprus and Luxembourg who scored 100%, while Malta gained a 99% rating and Croatia held 95%. In the 2013 report, European Union nations contained 15,363 coastal swimming regions. 14% of sea locations were in Greece.
In Greece, the EC study found 2,162 regions, where 2,016 were reported to have excellent water quality, while 5 did not meet the study's specific criteria. 96.8% of all EU coastal waters in 2013 generated 96.8%, which was a 1.2% increase in comparison to 2012.
- Elias Giovanidis: This is the 24-year-old Roma mentioned by European Commission president Von der Layen
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data