During tomorrow and Thursday's predicted heat wave, Athens is planning to open air-conditioned areas to the public.
Ambelokipi, Kato Petralona, Neos Kosmos, Aghios Pavlos and Koukaki are facilitating cool public spaces to its citizens. Athenians have been advised to stay out of the sun and to remain inside as much as possible during the extreme heat.
- Police arrest three with explosives and weapons - Terrorist connections being examined
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Coronavirus: 5 positive samples in travelers - Alarm for a Swede positive for the virus who took walks in Athens
- Spectacular arrest of members of a foreign criminal organization for robberies, thefts and drugs (vid)
- Athens closed off to cars for three months