An earthquake determined as moderate hit the Halkida region, just north of Athens.
According to reports, the quake measured 4.4 on the Richter scale and occurred today just before 1:00 p.m. Its force was felt in Attica and in the central area of the capital.
The earthquake was 22 kilometers in depth, while its epicenter was identified approximately 13 kilometers east of Halkida, as reported by the Athens Geodynamic Institute. No damages and accidents have been reported.
- Emergency 112 warning sent to Attica residents due to severe weather
- Police shoot at vehicle that rammed police motorcycles in the center of Athens - One injured [Video]
- Crete's Arkalochori still shaking due to aftershocks
- Crete - 5.8R earthquake claims one life
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas